1. “I’m going to have to stick a knife in my heart at the end of this.”
Jim Furyk, discussing his painful losses in 2012 in the February issue of Golf Magazine
2. “Tiger Woods demands $3 million just for an appearance, if he were to compete in the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters -- which is not worth paying for a tournament of $2.5 million prize money.”
Hassan al Nuaimi, president of the Qatar Golf Association
3. "That's a ten-stroke f---ing penalty, and if you ever do it again I'll do the same to you!"
Keith Richards, after shooting a golf ball that landed in his breakfast, according to a new book by Stones saxophone player Bobby Keys
4."I'll still be playing competitive golf
when I'm 70."
Padraig Harrington, at the Volvo Champions in South Africa
5. “They should put a plaque down. I was coming from a different ZIP code. And I’ve got to compete against these animals!”
Ernie Els, after playing partner Nicolas Colsaerts hit a 419-yard drive at the Volvo Champions in South Africa
6. “The guy is like a God over there
Steve Marino, on playing with Tom Watson in the 2009 Open Championship at Turnberry
7. “I will always appreciate the loyal and generous support of our faithful sponsors, volunteers, fans, media and LPGA golf professionals and I extend a special thanks to all of them.”
Actor Jamie Farr, on stepping down as host of the Jamie Farr Toledo Classic LPGA Tour event after 28 years
8. "I've never canvassed, as I didn't last time. I've not spoken to anybody about this. But I've always felt that if I was asked I would do it and that's still the case."
Colin Montgomerie, on his interest in being captain of the 2014 European Ryder Cup team
9. "He's in my ear the whole way,
telling me I suck, telling me I'm going to choke."
Keegan Bradley, on beating Michael Jordan at golf
10. “From an image standpoint, I like the way Rory handles himself off the golf course.”
PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem, on Rory McIlroy’s breakout season in 2012