1. “I think obviously golf is great. We haven't really had anything going on. So we'll see, we started testing, what was it, 2008 I think, and nothing has really come around.”
--Sergio Garcia on performance enhancing drugs in golf
2.“Don't tell anybody, but we would jump the fence
and get in.”
--Brandt Jobe on watching Fred Couples win the LA Open at Riviera when he was at UCLA
3. “There's no data that really confirms that they have to ban it."
--Ernie Els on the USGA and R&A’s proposed ban on anchored putting
4. “If I'm playing well, I can walk around this course and feel like I'm going to shoot par or very close to it every single time.”
--Fred Couples on playing at Riviera, where he’s won twice
5. “I usually give him six a side and that's usually not enough for him.”
--Luke Donald on playing golf with Michael Jordan
6. "I believe there's a wisdom within The Old Course that goes beyond what anyone today understands about golf course architecture."
--Golf-course architect Tom Doak on the R&A’s changes to the Old Course
7. “There are guys in there that it's a joke. It takes integrity away from the term 'Hall of Fame.' I'm very upset at the Hall of Fame.”
--Raymond Floyd to Golf Magazine after announcement that Fred Couples and Colin Montgomerie would be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame
8. "The President said to Tiger: `The last tournament you played was fun to watch. It's good to see you play well again.' You could tell he meant it. It just wasn't a throw it out compliment."
--Butch Harmon on watching President Obama and Tiger Woods play golf together
9. “To be that good, that young, and that composed at that age is just incredible."
--Caddie Stevie Williams on fellow New Zealander Lydia Ko
10. “Thursday and Friday for me suck. I think they are boring. I don't enjoy them. Saturday and Sunday, that's what we wheel and deal.”
--Charlie Beljan on being in the hunt at Riviera on Sunday