2. “I ate at the golf course with my wife and my son, the guy drove us to the private airport, took off at 1:10, flew to the Phoenix airport, got in my car, drove home, unpacked kind of, like chucked my suitcases in the closet, sat down, turned the TV on and Tiger is on 17. And I was like, ‘Wow, is he pissed right now.’”
--Sports Illustrated’s David Epstein on the magazine’s story about how Singh had used deer-antler spray, which contains a substance banned by the PGA Tour.
4. “You have to be careful about what you take. I try not to take anything now, really, other than Corona and vodka.''
--Lee Westwood on Vijay Singh’s deer antler spray
5. “As much as we spend all our time trying to be consistent, it's the inconsistent wins that are probably the most important thing.”
--Padraig Harrington at the Phoenix Open
6. “There's a big barrier, a Berlin Wall barrier, between 59 and 60.”
7. “Obviously the golf gods giveth and they taketh away, so there you have it.”
-- Jim "Bones" Mackay, Mickelson’s caddie, on the missed putt for 59
8. “Golf needs a younger and more athletic image, and Nike has always had that. I'm young enough. I'm not sure I'm athletic enough. But I'll try!"
--Rory McIlroy on his endorsement deal with Nike
10. "I tried to get him to play."
-- Caddie Joe LaCava on his boss Tiger Woods not playing the Northern Trust Open at Riviera this year